The excellent properties of impact strength and water / moisture resistance compared with other flat sheets make TepePAN board the perfect choice for applications such as wall cladding, wall partitioning and decorative walling in residential, commercial and industrial buildings especially where speedy construction is required and where cleanliness and hygiene is of high importance, such as schools and hospitals.
TepePAN Fibrecement Technical Properties
|Volume Weight||min. 1375 kg/m3|
|Increase of Thickness||≤ % 1,0 After 24 hours in water|
|Fire Resistance||Non Combustible, А1 Class According EN 13501-1|
|Frost Resistance||Frost Resistance according to EN 12467|
|Bending Strength||7 N/mm2 BS5669, Part1: 1989||Modulus of Elasticity||> 4000 N/mm2 BS5669, Part1: 1989|
|Thermal Conductivity (λ)||0,2166 W/mK|
|Thermal Resistance (m2K/W)||46.168 х 10-3 for 10mm, 55.401 х 10-3 for 12mm|
|Moisture Content||% 9 ± 3|
|Tolerance in Thickness||±10% mm EN 12467|
|Tolerance in Length and Width||Length : ±5 mm, Width : ±3.75 mm EN 12467|
|Deviation in Perpendicularity of Edges||≤ 2mm/m EN 12467|
|Water Absorption||< 30% by weight(in fully waterlogged condition)|
|Hot Water Effect||It is resistant to hot water according to EN 12467|
|Size||Thickness: 06/08/10/12/14 mm
Dry Weight: 7.2/9.6/12/14.4/16.8 kg/m2
Width: 1250 mm
Length: 2500/2800/3000 mm
|pH||10.5 – 12|
|Asbestos Content||Asbetos Free according to EN 12467 (Type NT)|
BoardeX CT is a 275 g/m2 galvanized facade profile with a 0.9 mm thickness to which TepePAN fiber cement board can be fixed.
BoardeX L bracket is a bracket 2 mm thick made of special, low heat transmission coefficient steel. This item allows for the adjustment of a façade’s vertical alignment, permitting the use of thicker insulation materials. The L bracket 150 has a thickness of 3 mm.
- Frame spacing shall be 600, 400, or 300mm depending on designer recommendation base on the lateral load on the panel such as wind load for the exterior paneling purpose. Thickness of steel frame must be more than 0.55mm, minimum flange widths at sheet joints must be 38mm. If the selected steel section has less width, the modification shall be applied by fixing two pieces of steel section together to back(see figure 1) or by adding steel angle to the selected steel section(see figure 2).
- Self-Drilling Fiber-Cement Screw should be used when fixing with steel frame. The screws must be located at more than 12mm from board edges and 50mm from board corners. Board can be fixed in both horizontal and vertical direction(see figure 3).
|Table 1: The screw spacing is designed by consideration of wind load resistance especially for high rise building. The recommended spacing is given below|
- Screw should not be over or under driven as it will reduce holding strength of the board.
- Screw should be fixed as close to the stud corner as possible, in order to avoid bending of stud flange.
- When one stud is used at the joint of two TepePAN boards, do fix them in the direction from the open side of the stud to the closed side of the stud.
side of the flange
the corner side of the flange
After fixing TepePAN fiber cement board to steel support, generally, there will have gap between each sheet about 3mm wide. These gaps shall be filled by applying polyurethane sealant manually toweling and waiting approx. 24 hrs until it is dry (see figure 4). This joint can also be applied at the point where high stress is found such as around opening for doors and windows or areas where there is the change of dimension of the structure. This joint is designed to be flexible then allowing slightly movement.
It is designed to give the flexibility to the joint, generally 10mm wide (or at least 8mm wide). The detail of vertical joint is illustrated in figure 5.
|Table 2: Consumption rate of polyurethane sealant (length in meter per 600ml)*|
15% of the amount are count in as a security margin.
The 15% security margin has to be added, as the joints always have to be slightly overfilled and afterwards are deducted. Also, we recommend to dispose the first 3-5cm of a nozzle.
Cutting fibercement with a circular saw produces serious clouds of dust. This dust has a 15-30% crystalline silica content, making it a serious health hazard. The MSDS of one popular fiber cement product warns that repeated inhalation may lead to lung damage, and the inhalation of silica dust is linked to a deadly lung disease called silicosis.
When cutting fiber cement, it’s critical to wear a respirator and/or use a dust-collecting circular saw attached to a shop vac.
- Walls of elevator shafts must be constructed with fire resistant material from floor to ceiling. Since walls of elevator shafts are generally made of steel construction, it is necessary to clad these walls with fire-resistant boards. TepePAN fibercement boards which have Euroclass Fire Rating A1, s1,d0 are generally preferred as cladding material for such spaces. Application is conducted by fixing the boards on steel construction elements.