Aesthetic noise absorbing ceilings are used to control reverberation of sound in commercial high traffi c and public areas like foyers, waiting rooms, restaurants, theatres, shops, cafes, and offices.
The acoustic performance of these ceiling systems is achieved by using COREX acoustic plasterboard combined with insulation. COREX acoustic plasterboard is a perforated plasterboard providing high acoustic performance. Together with the protective mat glued to the back of the board, the perforations in COREX acoustic plasterboard are designed to absorb sound. The higher the rate of perforation, the higher the sound absorption performance and NRC value.
In addition, COREX acoustic plasterboard allows for design creativity as it is available in three distinct patterns – square „C“, round „R“ and rectangular „L“ perforations. COREX acoustic plasterboard/strong> can also be installed to create noise absorbing wall systems.
- Control of the sound atmosphere: by absorption/reflexion.
- High quality appearance and finishing.
- Smooth surface with no visible joints.
- Aesthetic and decorative.
- New work and renovation.
- Show rooms.
- Collective areas: hall and corridor.
- Schools: classroom, corridor, canteen.
- Hotels: room, corridor.
- The absorbing ceilings or linings will be made of COREX acoustic plasterboard perforated gypsumboards screwed to a Pregymetal framework, leaving a vacuum or empty space of minimum 10cm in relation to the supports.
- The empty space will be filled by a mattres of mineral wool of 8cm with no vapour-check put directly on the back of the COREX acoustic plasterboard gypsumboards.
- The joints will be made with joint tape and Derztek joint filler avoiding obstruction of the nearest perforations.
- The painting will be carried out with a roller in order to protect the glass mat situated on the back of the gypsumboard.
COREX acoustic plasterboard C10 no8 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,55
Rate of perforation: 13,4%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.68||1.02||0.84||0.58||0.47||0.46||αw=0,55LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.62||0.96||0.72||0.60||0.49||0.46||αw=0,55LM|
COREX acoustic plasterboard R12 no2 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,60
Rate of perforation: 13,9%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.69||1.04||0.87||0.62||0.51||0.48||αw=0,60LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.67||0.96||0.81||0.66||0.53||0.49||αw=0,60L|
COREX acoustic plasterboard R15 no1 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,60
Rate of perforation: 16,1%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.63||1.09||0.94||0.65||0.53||0.47||αw=0,60LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.72||1.01||0.82||0.72||0.56||0.50||αw=0,60LM|
COREX acoustic plasterboard R15 no8 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,50
Rate of perforation: 11,0%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.71||1.03||0.83||0.54||0.43||0.39||αw=0,50LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.71||0.93||0.73||0.56||0.42||0.39||αw=0,50LM|
* Without mineral wool
- The unique indication αw comes from the ISO 11654 certification
- L – low frequency; M – medium frequency
- All the work is carried out with mineral wool of 8cm with no vapour-check
- Design the ceiling to suit the COREX acoustic plasterboard size in order to minimise the number of joints and create symmetrical patterns.
- COREX acoustic plasterboard is installed in the same manner as 12,5mm Standard Gypsumboard.
- Do not obstruct perforations during jointing and painting.
- Use roller application for paint. Roller application applies a uniform texture over the entire surface and ensures the
paint does not contact the glass mat fi xed to the back of the plasterboard.
For the best acoustic and aesthetic results:
- Involve an architect or acoustic consultant when determining the quantity and placement of COREX.
- Locate lights and other penetrations in non-perforated areas of the COREX acoustic plasterboard.