- DERZTEK is a joint compound which is used at ALLEV plasterboard joint tapes.
- DERZTEK‘s application is easy.
- DERZTEK is easy-to-mix.
- Special additives in its structure, retard the absorption of the DERZTEK mortar water by the plasterboard surface.
- Besides its filling function, DERZTEK also forms a smooth surface as a result of its special grain-size distribution.
- It has a high adherence property.
- No cracks will occur at the joints as DERZTEK has a good flexibility. Also, the applied surface behave monolithically.
METHOD OF APPLICATION.
- Surface must be cleaned before the application;
- Put some water in a clean bowl. Sprinkle DERZTEK until it covers the water surface. Wait for a few minutes, then mix the mortar until a homogeneous mixture is achieved. After mixing, the mortar is ready to use. The mortar in the bowl can be used for approximately 1 hour.
- For the application, use steel spatula in two phases.
- Apply abundantly the first layer of DERZTEK, through the width of spatula, on the jointing tape that is firmly pressed just at the centers plasterboard joints.
- Wait at least 2 hour for the setting of the first layer. Before applying the second layer, scrape off the residues on the surface with spatula.
- Apply the second layer approximately 20 cm wide, as aligned with ALLEV plasterboard surface.
- Never mix DERZTEK with any other product or material;
- Use low-speed mechanical mixer;
- Do not add any water or plaster to the mortar after mixing;
- Do not use DERZTEK in temperatures below +50C;
- Pre-filling should be done to the joints that are wider than 3mm;
- Bags should be store in dry places and should not be stacked in more than 15 layers;
- Direct contract with ground and moisture must be avoided;
- Using DERZTEK within one year after the date of production is recommended. Poor or over-long storage may deteriorate the physical properties of DERZTEK.
|Water / Plaster ratio||6 – 6,5 lt water to 10kg DERZTEK|
|Final setting time||130 minutes|
|Pass 160 micron sieve (minimum)||% 99,5|
|Pass 45 micron sieve (minimum)||% 80|
|Bulk density (powder)||800 kg/m3|
|Surface hardness||40 SHORE D|