Aesthetic noise absorbing ceilings are used to control reverberation of sound in commercial high traffi c and public areas like foyers, waiting rooms, restaurants, theatres, shops, cafes, and offices.
The acoustic performance of these ceiling systems is achieved by using PREGYBEL combined with insulation. PREGYBEL is a perforated plasterboard providing high acoustic performance. Together with the protective mat glued to the back of the board, the perforations in PREGYBEL are designed to absorb sound. The higher the rate of perforation, the higher the sound absorption performance and NRC value.
In addition, PREGYBEL allows for design creativity as it is available in three distinct patterns – square „C“, round „R“ and rectangular „L“ perforations. PREGYBEL can also be installed to create noise absorbing wall systems.
- Control of the sound atmosphere: by absorption/reflexion.
- High quality appearance and finishing.
- Smooth surface with no visible joints.
- Aesthetic and decorative.
- New work and renovation.
- Show rooms.
- Collective areas: hall and corridor.
- Schools: classroom, corridor, canteen.
- Hotels: room, corridor.
- The absorbing ceilings or linings will be made of PREGYBEL perforated gypsumboards screwed to a Pregymetal framework, leaving a vacuum or empty space of minimum 10cm in relation to the supports.
- The empty space will be filled by a mattres of mineral wool of 8cm with no vapour-check put directly on the back of the PREGYBEL gypsumboards.
- The joints will be made with joint tape and Derztek joint filler avoiding obstruction of the nearest perforations.
- The painting will be carried out with a roller in order to protect the glass mat situated on the back of the gypsumboard.
PREGYBEL C10 no8 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,55
Rate of perforation: 13,4%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.68||1.02||0.84||0.58||0.47||0.46||αw=0,55LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.62||0.96||0.72||0.60||0.49||0.46||αw=0,55LM|
PREGYBEL R12 no2 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,60
Rate of perforation: 13,9%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.69||1.04||0.87||0.62||0.51||0.48||αw=0,60LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.67||0.96||0.81||0.66||0.53||0.49||αw=0,60L|
PREGYBEL R15 no1 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,60
Rate of perforation: 16,1%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.63||1.09||0.94||0.65||0.53||0.47||αw=0,60LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.72||1.01||0.82||0.72||0.56||0.50||αw=0,60LM|
PREGYBEL R15 no8 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,50
Rate of perforation: 11,0%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.71||1.03||0.83||0.54||0.43||0.39||αw=0,50LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.71||0.93||0.73||0.56||0.42||0.39||αw=0,50LM|
PREGYBEL L5 no8 – Acoustic absorption αw=0,55
Rate of perforation: 10,7%
|αs (plenum 100мм)||0.56||0.95||0.94||0.65||0.48||0.41||αw=0,55LM|
|αs (plenum 300мм)||0.68||0.75||0.73||0.60||0.49||0.44||αw=0,55L|
|αs (plenum 300мм)*||0.52||0.69||0.66||0.50||0.39||0.33||αw=0,45L|
* Without mineral wool
- The unique indication αw comes from the ISO 11654 certification
- L – low frequency; M – medium frequency
- All the work is carried out with mineral wool of 8cm with no vapour-check
- Design the ceiling to suit the PREGYBEL size in order to minimise the number of joints and create symmetrical patterns.
- PREGYBEL is installed in the same manner as 12,5mm Standard Gypsumboard.
- Do not obstruct perforations during jointing and painting.
- Use roller application for paint. Roller application applies a uniform texture over the entire surface and ensures the
paint does not contact the glass mat fi xed to the back of the plasterboard.
For the best acoustic and aesthetic results:
- Involve an architect or acoustic consultant when determining the quantity and placement of PREGYBEL.
- Locate lights and other penetrations in non-perforated areas of the PREGYBEL.