Betopan cementboard External Application
- Exterior wall cladding application;
- Awning protection;
- Facade cladding application;
- Exterior wall formation;
Betopan cementboard Application for internal spaces
- The usage in wet spaces, internal partitions, wall linings, under – the – roof claddings is like in the dry wall systems made of gypsumboard.
- Roof applications under tiles: Betopan panel with 10 mm thickness and dimensions 1250/2500 mm may be used instead of wooden slats under the tiles and it’s possible to cover 3 m2 with a single panel, wastage is significantly reduced and the heat insulation is greatly increased. The tiles may be laid on the Betopan panel using the traditional methods.
- Covering floors in contact with ground – Heat loss of floors is equal to 15% of the heat loss of the whole building and for this reason insulation of floors is important. The application of 18-mm Betopan panel on wooden carcass and application of heat insulation material to 4 – 5 cm spaces caused by carcass provides perfect heat insulation.
Betopan cementboard Application of demountable buildings
- Constriction site buildings
- Warehouses, cafes
- Temporary dwellings (in case of emergency like earthquakes, floods etc.)
Betopan cementboard Applications in industrial facilities
- Inner surface of steel construction buildings
- Fire prevention – as a rule, 18 mm thick panels are used for this purpose
- Sound insulation
- Mezzanine flooring
- Insulation of furnaces
Other Betopan cementboard applications
- Protective barriers for foundation water insulation coating
- Residential entrances
- Racks in poultry – farms and in hothouses
Betopan cementboard Properties
The BETOPAN panel is the best material for the external surfaces and wet volumes because of its great resistance to moisture.
|NON – SWELLING FEATURES||
The BETOPAN panel is let immersed in water for as much as 28 days, it displays only a negligible swell (1,8%).
|NON – MOLDING FEATURE||
As a result of its resistance to moisture, the BETOPAN panel will not develop mold.
|IMPERVIOUSNESS TO VERMIN||
The BETOPAN panel is absolutely vermin – proof because of its cement content.
A BETOPAN panel with a thickness of 1 cm will provide the heat insulation equal to 10-cm concrete wall. The heat insulation achieved by a sandwich wall, made up of 8 cm of concrete element lined at both sides with 1 cm of BETOPAN panel is equivalent to 39-cm thick hollow brick wall.
The BETOPAN panel displays a very high sound insulation (31 to 35 dB as panel and 45 to 50 dB as sandwich wall).
The BETOPAN panel is suitable for perforating, cutting, mortising and tenoning.
The BETOPAN panel is light in weight. A 10 mm thick BETOPAN panel weight is only 12,5 kg/m2
The BETOPAN panel has a flexibility module of 4500 N/mm2. This means that a circle of 6 m in diameter may be formed without fracture.
The BETOPAN panel is characterized with absence of such noxious materials as asbestos and formaldehyde. It is odorless, environment – friendly, capable to bear high static loads and resistant to animal wastes, chemicals, gasoline and oils.
Betopan cementboard Installation
The installation consists in attachment of the boards with self taping screws to the load-bearing construction made of C and U profiles like in the case with gypsumboard. The cement fiberboard could be cut with grinder with a stone grinding disc or with circular saw with a blade with diamond tips. Because of the bigger linear expansions it is necessary to form a 5-7mm joint between the boards. It is recommended to drill holes for the self-taping screws in advance. The holes must be with 1,5mm bigger than the screw itself. The hollow for the screw head must be milled. The joints must be processed with ? aluminum or zinc-covered profiles or filled with polyurethane joint filler SIKA FC11 or HYPERSEAL-15M. The distances between the boards fixing given below must be followed strictly.
Betopan cementboard Painting
All known paints and painting methods may be used for panels to be used in internal volumes. The paints for panels used in exterior parts or in wet spaces must be alkaline resistant and the panels must be primed.
Instructions for tile or similar applications on BETOPAN
Betopan is a favorable material in the wet spaces of prefabricated constructions. Nevertheless, to minimize the wrong applications, below, some basic rules, which are necessary to obey in the tile applications, are briefly explained:
Betopan cementboard Technical Properties
<1000 kg/m3 at moisture content 9%
<1,0% after 2 hr. of immersion
not ignitable, A2 по DIN 4102-1
no visible cracking or surface alteration
|BENDING STRENGTH PERPENDICULAR TO THE PLANE||
9 N/mm2 BS5669, Part1: 1989
|MODULES OF ELASTICITY PERPENDICULAR TO THE PLANE IN BENDING||
4500 N/mm2 BS5669, Part1: 1989
|TENSILE STRENGTH PERPENDICULAR TO THE PLANE||
|TENSILE STRENGTH PARALLEL TO THE PLANE||
|SCREW HOLDING POWER||
мин. 60 N/mm screw is used.4/40. Тест: ISO 8335&1987; Screw: DIN 96
|COMPRESSION STRENGTH PARALLEL TO THE PLANE||
15,0 N/mm2 BS5669&1987, Part1: 1989
|TOLERANCES ON THICKNESS||
0,8 – 12 mm –>±0,7 mm
|TOLERANCES ON LENGTH AND WIDTH||
Length –> ±3 mm, Width –> ±3 mm
|SQUARENESS OF EDGES||
Thickness: 08/10/12/14/16/18/24/30 mm
BDS EN 634-2:2002, BDS EN 1128:2002,